How To Install Kodi On A Firestick Using Adblink
There are different methods of Installing Kodi on your Firestick. Today we will show you how to Install Kodi on Firestick using Adblink an amazing companion program for FireTV and Android.
Install Kodi on Firestick Using Adblink
To start the process, we need to download Kodi 17(Krypton), the latest Kodi or download Kodi 16(Jarvis) apk here. Make sure to save it in your preferred location.
We would recommend if using Kodi to have a VPN installed, this will cut down buffering and streaming issue.
Please click here for our Kodi discounted VPN
- First and foremost, switch on the Firestick, and find the Settings Menu as shown below
- Click on “System”. This will open 3- right-sidebar menu on the Firestick, select the “developer option.”
3. Developer options will show 2 sub-menus, “ADB Debugging and the “Apps from Unknown Sources,” Turn on both of these options.
4. Notice: Selecting the Apps from Unknown sources will trigger a warning about insecurity, just click ok. You can turn it off after the installation of Kodi, but for Kodi to be installed, we need it to be switched on.
To be able to go ahead with this installation, we will need to find the IP address of the Firestick. 5. In order to find the IP address of the Firestick, go back to the “Settings” menu, click on System, from the submenu, click on About, and select “Network”.
6. This will display your IP address, gateway, subnet mask and DNS. But FOR the installation, the only thing we need is the IP address.
7. Copy your IP address to a notepad, and go ahead to download Adblinko Follow this link if you are a window user: Download Adblinko Mac Users (OS X 10.7 or higher): Download Adblinko Downloadable file for Linux users is here: Download Adblink
Once you download Adblink, click on the “New” button. In the description box, give your Fires stick any name you want and can remember.
8. In the Address field, type the IP address you had copied in the notepad, and click on Save, don’t worry about the other fields.9. Click on “Save”
10. You should see the IP address of the Firestick listed in the Connected Devices section.
11. Select the “Install APK”,
Remember you downloaded the APK of your choice at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need to navigate to this location from the dialog window to select it for installation.
12. You will get a notice of whether you want to install the Apk, select Yes. A notification will be shown when installation is complete.
Kodi is now finally installed, and can be accessed via accessed via Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Launch Application.